(1) Turn off the water source of the laboratory ice machine and cut off the power supply of the ice machine;
(2) Remove the parts that need to be cleaned (or disinfected), such as water curtains and water pipes;
(3) Soak the removed parts in an appropriate amount of cleaning (or disinfection) solution. The ratio of the solution is shown in the following table: Solution type Water cleaning/disinfectant dosage Cleaning solution 1 gallon (4 liters) 16 ounces (500 ml) Disinfectant solution 4 gallons (15 liters) 3 ounces (90 ml)
(4) Carefully clean the parts with a soft brush or sponge (do not use a metal brush);
(5) cleaning the top, side and bottom of the protruding portion of the evaporator with a solution and a brush;
(6) Rinse all cleaned (or disinfected) parts thoroughly with clean water;
(7) installing the removed parts;
(8) Turn on the water source and power supply.