Liquid Nitrogen Storage Areas
1) Areas where liquid nitrogen is used and stored must have adequate ventilation.
2) Adequate means that oxygen levels are maintained at 20.8% concentration during normal storage and handling.
3) Gas release can occur during storage of liquid nitrogen:
4) From open non-pressurised vessels during routine operations;
5) Due to the warming of liquid nitrogen vessels. In the case of non-pressurised vessels this occurs naturally through the insulation. In pressurised vessels when the pressure increases the valve opens to relieve the build up and then resets;
6) Due to the failure of the pressure relief valve which will rupture the burst disc on pressurised vessels. This will cause a rapid release of gas in a short space of time.
Liquid Nitrogen Container Precautions
1) Wipe the outer surface with a cleaning cloth and keep it clean;
2) Regular observation, test the alarm working state;
3) On the liquid nitrogen tank maintenance cycle: the general proposal for 2 months, according to the use of liquid nitrogen and volatile, depending on the specific circumstances of the decision.